Last Updated: Oct 10, 2020
Challenger is an at home social fitness service. With our app Challenger Indoor we deliver 4K videos with realistic audio in order to let you pedal a home with an interactive trainer and a smartphone, competing with other users, or alone.
In order to provide the best possible experience, we must process information about you and your smartphone. The types of information we collect depend on how you use Challenger Indoor.
We collect your personal information in order to create a user on Challenger Indoor in order to let you compete with the most suitable users.
These information include:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Weight (used for cycling power calculation)
- Email (in order to contact you shall you be interested in our group events)
We collect information about your smartphone type and model in order to analyse as quick as possible problems and improvements.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength.
Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points.
Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (including your activity off our Products, such as your training performances) to give you detailed reports of your performances and connect you with other users all around the globe.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
• Performance image sharing (you can decide to share with friends the route you rode)
What is our legal basis for processing data?
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
• consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through the Challenger Indoor settings
• as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
• to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
• as necessary in the public interest; and
• as necessary for our (or others') legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalized, safe, and profitable service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your data. Learn more about these rights, and find out how you can exercise your rights in the Challenger Indoor Settings.
Data retention, account deactivation and deletion
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until your account is deleted - whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We'll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Products.